Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tough First Day...

Well, today, my wife/best friend took off for BMT and Tech School. The first day in a line of many.

We arrived at the airport this morning in enough time to spend about an hour together before she had to walk down the terminal. I had actually held it together pretty good until, my oldest daughter started crying, well that's when I lost it.

I got to hear from my wife a couple of times today, mainly just to say that she had arrived safely, and everything was ok.

The girls had a fairly normal day for the most part at school. After I picked them up this afternoon, we ate super with my folks and they brought over some Valentines gifts for the girls. I gave my Valentines to my wife yesterday on the 12th and will be giving the girls their Valentines in the morning.

As for me, it's been a pretty rough day this first day. Today will be etched in my mind and on my heart forever. Definitely a day I will not forget. I will be counting down the days until I get to see my beautiful wife again and be able to wrap my arms around her. I miss her greatly already! I will miss her and think of her daily. I am very proud of her though.









1 comment:

  1. So proud of each of you! What an amazing family you guys are. The kids and I will be praying for you all everyday. May God wrap you each in peace and love and bring you each much comfort every second you're apart. THANK YOU each for giving up so much for my families freedom! God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete