Monday, December 3, 2012

Orders Arrived...

Well, my wife had drill this past weekend. While at drill, her and another recruit had some running around to do. One of those errands that was ran, happened to take her to the office where orders are sent. While she was there, she happened to ask about her orders, sure enough they were there, so she was able to get a couple of copies.

She will be doing her out processing mid February and heading to BMT. Her return date is in late July after she completes Tech school. One of the bad things is, we thought she was going to be able to come home during the two week break between BMT and Tech, but the AF said different. One thing I learned while I was in and when I was a military dependent, is nothing is set in stone, until the AF puts it down in paper. Just have to be willing to roll with the punches.

Once my wife told me that she has her orders, several things went through my mind. I was extremely happy for her that she is living her dream. I was sad, in the fact that she won't get to come home between BMT and Tech, and I was stressed. Stressed in the fact that we have a date now, and several things to get lined up before she heads to basic an she is gone for a 6 month time period.

Now is also the time to spend as much time together as possible. Luckily, we will be going down to see her graduate, and the girls and I, will get to see her for at least 4 days in between BMT and Tech school. I'm sure that there will be a slough of emotions that will be gone through over the period that she is gone, but in military fashion, we as a family will push through them, and will be stronger and closer than we have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment