Monday, January 7, 2013

Time is Drawing Near...

The time is drawing near when wife will be heading to BMT. I for one, am not looking forward to the day that my wife, the mother of my children heads to BMT. As a loving, supportive husband, I can't help but be excited, worried, nervous, for the one I love as she follows her dreams of serving this great country.

We have so many things to do, and very little time to do them in now. As you may or may not know, I am a disabled veteran. I have plenty of knee and back issues to go around for a lifetime. One of the issues that we have run in to, is the girls being worried about mommy ending up like daddy. Of course though, we have been constant at letting them know, that I had a dangerous job (started out as a firefighter until I was injured) while I was in, and that mommy, has a job, that is no where near as dangerous as I had.

While I pray that the time will move like molasses on a cold day while my wife is here, I'm sure it will move a lot quicker than I would like. In the time still left before she leaves for BMT, we have so many things to do, from organizing the house where the girls can help, to making sure that I have all the dates written down for kindergarten registration and tball registration and all the Girl Scout functions that my oldest will need to go to.

My wife will have one more drill prior to going to BMT, where she will have one more chance to prepare herself for the rigors that will befall her while she is there, and the girls and I will have one more weekend to try and get in a routine of stuff that we need to do around the house on the weekends and throughout the week.

I'm sure I will be a wreck as the weeks turn to days and the days turn to hours before my wife is set to ship off for BMT. I know I will have to be strong for my girls that way they can remain confident and strong at home while mommy is away. Even though I don't seem like much the type to show emotion or cry for that matter, I'm sure I will have my times. All you macho guys out there that don't think guys are supposed to tear up, guess REAL men, do tear up or cry. It takes a real man to do it...and I'm sure that I will have my times over the extended period she is away, where I tear up. As time draws near, I'm sure I will be a little more edgy than normal, and a little more emotional. I will do my best though, to make sure my daughters see a strong father.

I am extremely happy for my wife, that she is able to follow her dreams and serve this great country. It swells me with pride as her husband and swells me with pride that she is showing our daughters, that if you work for something hard enough, and truly want something, that nothing can hold them back from that. Not man, not circumstances...NOTHING!!!

As time draws near, I will be updating this more, as more will be going on in preparation of our change in lifestyle as a military family in transition.

As Time Draws Near....!

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog will become more like therapy for you than keeping the family updated. Please let us know what Steph's address is when you get it. I'd like to send her cards and even the girls, too, if you think they'd like mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure you're right. It'll help for sure to at least get it off my chest.

      I definitely plan on passing along her address as soon as I get it. They will be letting her make a very very brief phone call that first night so she can tell me the address, but depending on how emotional she may be, I may not get it all. However, I plan on telling her to write me the first chance she gets, that way I can make sure I have it then.

      I'm sure the girls would love to get letters. They always love getting stuff in the mail.

      Delete